Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yong Tau Foo


















Discovery trail:

Fron Nanyang Siang Pau.

Did not made it the first time as it was closed. (Very good business, eh ?)
Also, unsuccessful the 2nd time as it was closed. (on a Sunday???)
So, there is always be a third time ! Well, alas ! Failed again for the 3rd time!

I am beginning to wonder am I too early or what ? And yes, as I suspected we have been 'too early'. In fact, the shop is open at 11.00 am to 3.00 pm and closed on Fridays. (As I found out today! And yep, Angie-San has been asking me why I like to go to Air Itam market? Well, you see, after being frustrated for so many times, I decided to 'snoop' whether the shop is open on my way to Air Itam market instead of going straight there and get disappointed again)


Took a 202 bus to 'snoop' at about 10.00 am and the shop is closed (not open, yet). So, didn't got down and headed straight into Farlim housing area. Got down there and caught a 203 bus to go to Air Itam market. Coming back by 203 again and got down at Farlim to transit to 202 and on the way, able to see that the shop is open ! So got down at the junction of Rifle Range road and walk to the shop. Aiyo.....so much hassle ! And I spent 2 hours going to the market ?


This shop is located along Air Itam main road near to the Hindu temple near Rifle Range road junction. It sells a lot of varieties of Hakka dishes such as yam rice, Hakka noodles and even serves the pork trotter cooked in vinegar ! At night, they are selling 'Bah Kut Teh'.


p.s. I still got a bit thirsty this afternoon.

2 comments:

old dog learns to blog? said...

So, Angie-San, this is the crazy things I did this morning ! And I am too embarassed to tell you why I go to Air Itam market so frequent!

Sumire Craft - すみれ手芸 said...

These are delicious.. I love Yong Tau Foo very much. Haven't tried this store before. Thanks...Hope my tummy can take it. hahaha.