Sunday, December 12, 2010

Food path - Hainanese dishes






Went to try out the spring roll at Hainanese Delights which is situated in 1926 Heritage Hotel along Burma Road last week after heard about the place through friend, blog and KWYP.

Just ordered something simple as there are only two of us to avoid wastage.










In fact, I found the hotel is cosy and quiet and it is a good bargain for the budget.


Fussy M's verdict on the food ? Spring roll is still not as authentic and original as the ones made by old Hainanese chef, tasted during teenage years. Curry Kapitan chicken, well, not as good as the ex-employer's.
Thumb down for the fried rice although it seemed yummy to me ! Well, as I have always been known as 'the cow grazing the peony', still have a lot to learn !

My own verdict is simple; anything that taste good but won't feel thirsty afterwards is good !
However, just the usual case, I did feel a bit thirsty later.

2 comments:

Sumire Craft - すみれ手芸 said...

As for me, I love the food here.
Came here once when we have our
Japanese society meeting with OO1.

old dog learns to blog? said...

Yes, I still remember you told me!