Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food story

@ Kirishima

At LK's suggestion, we went to Kirishima for dinner before the 'talk'  last Friday.  Heard so much about this place from Yoshiko-san (the Jepun celup) and later, from LK who is now crazy about Japanese food with the exception of 'raw' .  Seemed like they have changed the menu and we were lost at what to order until finally, manager gave us some recommendation.  LK's favourite teriyaki chicken was overcooked probably because of my fault! Alas! Since, I did not have any cam with me, she took pics of the food from her i-phone until her chicken was 'over-grilled' by the sizzling hot stone.  (As usual and as expected, I got thirsty , not too...nowadays it seemed 'natural' to become thirsty after eaten outside food...in Penang.  I wonder does it happen in other parts of the country?  I thought I am the only 'special choosen' one but it seemed LK also experience it.




Accidentally passed by this curry mee stall last week-end and since we managed to get a table after waiting for a while, decided to try this infamous curry mee that Amanda Soo likes so much !  We gave up during our first attempt after waited quite some time for tables and decided to give up.  Since this is not my favourite, I ordered the plain soup noodle.  Fussy M said the  soup base is tasty but wonder whether we would get thirsty later.  True enough, we got a bit thirsty but it was much bettter than my experience with the Jawa mee !

Plain soup noodle


Curry noodle                                                                  Lot of customers waiting patiently.





Bought few 'chai kueh' and the 'chai tao kueh' which is not bad from this auntie.  Cheap and nice.
Vegetarian Jawa mee  and pineapple fried rice (coarse rice)  at The Leaf Healthy House during the "vegetarian week"
They have renovated the place a bit , moving the counter away so that more space for the tables.  Feel very cozy  and there were a lot of customers probably due to the 'vegetarian week' partly, with a few 'gwei lo' patronising the place.  The Jawa mee is actually spaghetti and tasted superb and I slurpped almost the whole plate.  I was very satisfied until my throat felt a bit dry even when I was still there!  Later, I really felt very thirsty!  Aren't supposed to be organic and no msg whatsover added ?  I even planned to come here for dinner on Friday with LK and changed my mind after that.

No comments: