Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nine Emperors Festival


























This is my first visit to the 9 emperors temple at Hong Kong Street, Penang. I decided to visit this temple for the first time, this year, on 16Oct which was the 9th day of the 9th month in the lunar calender. Met a 'see lai' friend on the way and she told me there weren't as many visitors at this temple compared to the one at Burma Road. So happy I have made the right decision; less crowd the better ! The temple was more than a century old and some of the items were indeed antique ! Different atmosphere from the Burma Rd's temple.
Free vegetarian food was provided but as it was the last day of celebration, they only served fried bee hoon. However, Fussy M gave a thumb's up rating.
p.s. A lottery sold here has won first prize a few years back!

2 comments:

Sumire Craft - すみれ手芸 said...

I don't know there's a Nine Emperor Temple there too. You 'lan kai' more than me har....Next time, you can be
my tourist guide. *.o*

old dog learns to blog? said...

Neither do I, my dear. I got the info fr the papers and also when the news that the lottery hit first prize !
p.s. the delicious roast duck shop is just around the corner at Hong Kong Street!