Saturday, June 21, 2008

Nature.dog.com

Since all the disasters that are happening around the world in May, many people felt that it is partly due to the continuously harming of the environment . This reminded me of the talk on enzyme that I have attended last July. Joean, the speaker taught us on how to make enzyme from vegetable waste. Just use the vegetable leftovers/fruit skins (strictly no meat and fish!!!! Or else, you’ll be fainted by its smell) plus brown sugar and water @ ratio of 3:1:10 to ferment for 3 months before use.

There are many uses, ie., for cleaning, air purifier, washing, etc. I have tried it out. The smell is very nice especially if you put in a lot of citrus fruit skin.. But for cleaning and getting rid of the ants stuffs….well I must say , it fails, probably I did not kept to the instructions very well .

However, one usefulness is to pour some enzyme into the sewage system to at least help to ‘balance’ of the chemical /toxic compounds in the system. I don’t know whether it is really effective but there is nothing to lose and it does not cost much at all. If it does really work, I am
happy to be part of the effort to help to take care of mother earth.

p.s. Joean can be contacted at joeanoon@yahoo.com

1 comment:

PF€€Z ! said...

Hi,

Interesting blog.

I keep you in my favorites ;-)

I wish you the best.

Reno